Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation (MCHC) would like to express its deepest sympathy for the victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake that hit northeastern Japan on March 11, 2011.
MCHC and its core operating companies: Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc., and Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd., have extended the following assistance to the victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake.
Finally, everyone in the MCHC Group prays for the recovery of the quake-stricken region at the earliest possible time.
- MCHC: 100 million yen (March 2011)
- MTPC: 100 million yen (March 2011)
- MRC: 50 million yen (March 2011)
- MCC: 200 portable photovoltaics (April 2011)
- MTPC: Pharmaceuticals (March 2011)
- MPI: 100,000 food wrap film rolls (March 2011)
- TKI*: 2,000 solar-powered LED lights (April 2011)
Fundraising by employees
- Employees in the MCHC Group conducted fundraising drives and donated some ¥50 million to help the quake victims. (March - May 2011)
Support for volunteer activities by employees
- The MCHC Group supports volunteer activities by employees. (July 2011 - March 2012)
- MCC has leased idle land owned by its subsidiary, Nippon Kasei Chemical Co., Ltd. to Fukushima prefecture without cost to serve as a place on which to build temporally housing. (July 2011 - )
- MCHC has participated in "IPPO IPPO NIPPON Porjcet" organized by KEIZAI DOYUKAI (Japan Association of Corporate Executives). (October 2011 - )
- MCHC held an event to invite school children in Kamaishi city and Otsuchi town to Tokyo. (December 2012)
- MCHC held an event to invite school children in Kamaishi city and Otsuchi town to Tokyo. (December 2013)