January 8, 2021
Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings’ Response to COVID-19【latest】
Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by COVID-19, their families, and those who lost their lives to this disease. We also extend our deepest gratitude to all of the healthcare workers and other people working to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Our No.1 priority in the Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Group is to ensure the health and safety of all of our stakeholders, including our employees, their families, and our customers. We will continue to make the necessary efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19. We are also aware of our social responsibility as a company that supplies a wide range of materials, medical supplies, and other products. We are committed to playing our role in overcoming the current crisis caused by COVID-19 by supplying the products etc. that help to prevent the spread of this disease.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
Measures to Contain COVID-19
On January 7, 2021, the Japanese government declared a State of Emergency in Tokyo and its neighboring prefectures of Chiba, Saitama and Kanagawa. In response to this, workers based in the Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Palace Building office are subject to the following measures.
1. Mode of work
- All officers and employees basically to attend work on a remote-working.
- Provided, however, that the attendance rate shall be kept as low as possible to less than 20% or up to 30%.
- Domestic business trip: A business trip deemed necessary shall be permitted.
However, considering the spread of the infection in Tokyo, a business trip shall be made with the prior consent of the other party.
- Overseas business trips: Continue to be prohibited.
3. Meetings, conferences, social events, dining with other people, and Visitors/Interviews
- Meetings must be held in a manner that it enables remote access to avoid “Three Cs” even if participants are in the office.
- The number of people in meeting rooms shall be 50% of the capacity, and participants shall not sit face-to-face.
- Wear a mask during a meeting whenever possible.
- In principle, participation in events, lectures, and exhibitions in which many people participate is prohibited. (Except for those deemed it extremely necessary).
- Social gathering (company use) is prohibited.
- In view of the spread of infection in Tokyo, visitors and interviews are prohibited in principle, except for those that are highly necessary.
4. News Release, Information (Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Group)
●Jun. 25, 2020
【Mitsubishi Chemical】Mitsubishi Chemical’s Measures to Combat Novel Coronavirus
●May 27, 2020
【Mitsubishi Chemical】Mitsubishi Chemical to Begin Offering Supplies of Water-Soluble Laundry Bags
●May 22, 2020
【Mitsubishi Chemical】Mitsubishi Chemical Joins “Open COVID-19 Declaration”
●May 12, 2020
【Mitsubishi Chemical】Mitsubishi Chemical Begins Supplying Plastic Gowns and Face Shields