July 3, 2020
Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings’ Response to COVID-19【As of July 3】
Our No.1 priority in the Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Group is to ensure the health and safety of all of our stakeholders, including our employees, their families, and our customers. We will continue to make the necessary efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19. We are also aware of our social responsibility as a company that supplies a wide range of materials, medical supplies, and other products. We are committed to playing our role in overcoming the current crisis caused by COVID-19 by supplying the products etc. that help to prevent the spread of this disease.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
Measures to Contain COVID-19
On May 25, the State of Emergency has been lifted, but workers based in the Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Palace Building office are subject to the following measures from July 3.
1. Mode of work
- All officers and employees basically to attend work on a remote-working.
- Provided, however, that the attendance rate shall be kept as low as possible to less than 20% or up to 30%.
- Domestic business trip: A business trip deemed necessary shall be permitted.
However, considering the spread of the infection in Tokyo, a business trip shall be made with the prior consent of the other party.
- Overseas business trips: Continue to be prohibited.
3. Meetings, conferences, social events, and dining with other people
- The number of people in meeting rooms shall be 50% of the capacity, and participants shall not sit face-to-face.
- Wear a mask during a meeting whenever possible.
- In principle, participation in events, lectures, and exhibitions in which many people participate is prohibited. (Except for those deemed it extremely necessary).
- In principle, a gathering together for eating and drinking with many people is prohibited. Small group dinner is not prohibited; however, in such a case, keep the number of participants to a minimum and give due consideration to prevent infection, such as choosing a restaurant which has taken appropriate measures to prevent infection by ensuring the distance between people, and so on.