Recent achievement results of the Group
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc., and Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd. were integrated together, thereby launching a new Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation on April 1, 2017. It should be noted that the information may contain the former company names.
- In October 2019, Mitsubishi Chemical joined forces with atum3D (Netherlands) to develop “Diabeam”, a UV-curable resin that can be sculpted using atum3D's DLP 3D printers.
- In March 2020, Mitsubishi Chemical Cleansui released the “Cleansui AL800”, a built-in type alkaline ionized water purifier that balances high-grade water purification capabilities with a design that blends in with kitchen spaces.
- In August 2019, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed “Innova-FLASH”, an exhaust gas removal system that suppresses the generation of nitrogen oxides while achieving energy savings by using two-stage oxygen-enriched combustion for exhaust gases containing toxic gases such as hydrogen cyanide and ammonia produced in the carbon fiber manufacturing process.
- In October 2019, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed “SCOPE-Jet OxHeat”, which offers even higher performance by combining the energy-saving “SCOPE-Jet” supersonic oxygen jet with high-temperature oxygen.
- In January 2020, Taiyo Nippon Sanso successfully developed copper nanoparticle-based sheet bonding materials that achieve the high strength and reliability needed as bonding materials for next-generation power devices.
- In July 2019, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma obtained approval in China for indications of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- In July 2019, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma obtained manufacturing and marketing approval for its schizophrenia drug “Cariprazine” in Singapore and Thailand.
- In August 2019, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma began global phase III clinical trials in the US of the “ND0612” levodopa and carbidopa continuous subcutaneous injection for Parkinson's disease.
- In May 2018, Mitsubishi Chemical developed a new grade of “DURABIO” bio-based engineering plastic, characterized by a dramatic improvement in chemical resistance, long durability and other advantages in environmental reliability.
- In October 2018, Mitsubishi Chemical launched “ALPOLIC/fr INNER LIGHT”, a new and more flame-retardant grade of “ALPOLIC/fr”, an aluminum composite material, for interior materials.
- In August 2018, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed “SCOPE-Jet Swing”, an oxygen burner capable of efficiently and uniformly heating wide surfaces by applying self-induced oscillation phenomenon of fluids.
- In January 2019, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed conductive paste using copper nanoparticles capable of forming conductive wiring through printing and calcination on a film base.
- In March 2019, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed “Cryolibrary Advance”, a system for fully automated cell cryopreservation, compatible with storage in a freezing bag.
- In June 2018, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma acquired approval in Taiwan for “Jublia”, an antifungal agent for the treatment of onychomycosis.
- In July 2018, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma commenced a phase 2 clinical study in the United States on the effects of MT-7117 against erythropoietic protoporphyria.
- In September 2018, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma commenced a phase 3 clinical study in the United States, Europe, Canada and other countries on the effects of MT-2271 in the prevention of seasonal influenza in the elderly.
- In February 2019, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma acquired approval in Japan for “AZANIN”, an immunosuppressant for the treatment of autoimmune hepatitis.
- In August 2017, Mitsubishi Chemical developed a new grade of adhesive resin “MODIC” that achieves adhesion between polypropylene and polyvinyl chloride.
- In December 2017, Mitsubishi Chemical jointly developed with Mazda Motor Corporation a new grade of bio-based engineering plastic “DURABIO” that can be applied to large automotive exterior components.
- In December 2017, Mitsubishi Chemical Cleansui launched “Cleansui CS801i,” a water-filter system equipped with the ability to display such information as the remaining amount and the cartridge replacement date on the user’s smartphone screen by leveraging the IoT together with a dedicated app.
- In July 2017, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed an oxy-enriched burner “Innova-Jet Swing” which provides a new way of directing the flames more evenly over a wider area via self-induced oscillation.
- In November 2017, Taiyo Nippon Sanso and TOHO KASEI Co., Ltd. jointly developed a high performance fluororesin equipped with properties of stable electrical conductivity, excellent chemical resistance and cleanliness.
- In December 2017, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed and started selling “CryoHandy,” a compact container for transporting biological samples.
- In May 2017, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma received approval in Japan for partial change in administration/dosage for Crohn’s disease for “REMICADE” for I.V. Infusion 100, an anti-human TNFα monoclonal antibody.
- In August 2017, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma started a Japanese phase 2/3 clinical study of the anti-NGF antibody MT-5547 in osteoarthritis.
- In November 2017, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma started Japanese phase 3 clinical studies of the HIF-PH inhibitor MT-6548 in renal anemia.
- In February 2018, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma filed a public knowledge-based application for “VALIXA” in Japan for an additional pediatric indication for the prevention of cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease in organ transplant patients.
- In October 2016, Mitsubishi Plastics started selling “ALPOLIC/fr Photocatalytic Coating,” an aluminum composite material. The product provides self-cleaning properties with oxidative decomposition effects from sunlight and hydrophilicity effects from rainwater as a result of applying a photocatalytic coating on the highly durable fluororesin coating film.
- In February 2017, Mitsubishi Chemical, together with Kyoto University, launched a program to promote the licensing of their jointly held cellulose nanofiber (CNF)-related patents to third parties.
- In October 2016, Taiyo Nippon Sanso, in a joint effort with Osaka University, developed an ammonia combustion technology that succeeds in reducing NOx (nitrogen oxides) emissions and achieves increased heat transfer from the flame.
- In February 2017, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed a type of high-purity copper nanoparticle that can be sintered at a low temperature (120 degrees Celsius).
- In February 2017, Mitsubishi Chemical launched a new grade of styrene-based thermoplastic elastomer for medical tubing.
- In May 2016, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma received approval in Japan for REMICADE for I.V. Infusion 100, an anti-human TNFα monoclonal antibody, for a partial change in dosage and usage in psoriasis.
- In August 2016, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma received approval for an additional indication of the prevention of CMV disease in organ transplant patients for Valixa in Japan.
- In July 2015, in a joint research and development with Green Innovation Inc., Mitsubishi Plastics established technologies for mass production of Chinese licorice in Japan.
- In August 2015, Mitsubishi Chemical successfully developed, and subsequently started developing markets for a see-through power-generating film featuring organic thin-film solar cells.
- In October 2015, Mitsubishi Rayon developed and started selling “PUFFWARM,” lightweight down-like wadding with excellent heat retention. “PUFFWARM” was spun off from the acrylic fiber “Vonnell.”
- In November 2015, Mitsubishi Plastics developed and started selling two new series of moisture-proof packaging sheets for pharmaceutical tablets and capsules.
- Mitsubishi Rayon developed a new grade of acrylic-resin sheets, “SHINKOLITE” with an even higher fire-retarding property.
- In June 2015, Mitsubishi Chemical and Suzuki Motor Corporation jointly developed a new grade of bio-based engineering plastic, DURABIO, offering even greater resistance to impact and heat and lower-density (lighter weight) compared to previous bio-based engineering plastics.
- October 2015, In a project commissioned by the Stem Cell Evaluation Technology Research Association, Taiyo Nippon Sanso developed an integrated temperature history management system for biological samples.
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma received approvals for an indication of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in Japan in June 2015 and in South Korea in December 2015.
- In December 2015, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma received approvals for acute-stage Kawasaki disease as additional indications for Remicade.
- In December 2015, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma and Akebia Therapeutics, Inc. entered into a development and commercialization for vadadustat, an oral therapy for the treatment of anemia related to chronic kidney disease, in Japan and certain other countries in Asia.
- In September 2014, Mitsubishi Rayon developed and launched new elements and modules of hollow-fiber membranes for wastewater treatment that can save space and energy and has excellent detergency performance.
- In November 2014, Astro developed and launched the artificial turf ASTRO GARDEN CEG Series using temperature suppressing materials.
- In January 2015, Mitsubishi Plastics developed a film TECHBARRIER LS with high oxygen and vapor barrier properties and that can be used for the retort food packaging.
- In February 2015, Mitsubishi Rayon acknowledged an order for PAN-based carbon fiber that would be used in the Structural Guide Vanes of a commercial aircraft engine for the first time in the world.
- In January 2015, Taiyo Nippon Sanso successfully developed the high-purity copper nanoparticles that can be sintered at low temperature, based on the technology for synthesis of metal nanoparticles by oxy fueloxygen combustion.
- In January 2015, Mitsubishi Chemical in conjunction with Mazda Motor Corporation developed a new grade of DURABIO, the highly functional transparent bio-based engineering plastic made of plant-derived isosorbide, that can be used for exterior design parts for automobiles without paint finish.
- In March 2015, Mitsubishi Chemical developed the world’s first bio-derived high-performance polyols.
- In August 2014, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma started Phase 2 Clinical Trial Program of the seasonal influenza vaccine (the plant-based VLP vaccine) in the United States and Canada.
- In September 2014, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma started Phase 3 Clinical Trial Program with Japanese patients for MT-2412, co-administration of Teneligliptin and Canaglifozin for Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- In February 2013, Mitsubishi Plastics Infratec developed a new reinforcement method for pillars and beams using carbon fiber sheets.
- In May 2013, Mitsubishi Rayon Textile developed the KIST material with a core-sheath structure.
- In June 2013, Mitsubishi Chemical developed an inorganic separation membrane enabling energy savings of over 50% in the distillation process.
- In July 2013, Mitsubishi Plastics Infratec developed special portable levee Daiya Rebi
- In September 2013, Mitsubishi Plastics Infratec co-developed a next-generation thermal storage flooring system.
- In October 2013, Mitsubishi Chemical established coating type organic photovoltaic (OPV) production technologies.
- In January 2014, Mitsubishi Rayon developed high performance intermediate modulus carbon fiber Pyrofil MR70.
- In January 2014, Mitsubishi Rayon developed composite structure wheels for automobiles.
- In February 2014, Mitsubishi Chemical set a new world standard for carrier mobility using organic thin film transistors.
- In May 2013, Du Pont and Mitsubishi Rayon developed artificial marble Bio-Surface.
- In December 2013, Mitsubishi Chemical established the technology to mass-produce carbon black from plant oil with high efficiency.
- In May 2013, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma submitted an application for approval for domestic manufacturing and sales of Canagliflozin, an SGLT2 inhibitor for treating type 2 diabetes
- In February 2014, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma started Global Phase 3 Clinical Trial Program, COGNITIV AD of Mt-4666 for Alzheimer’s Disease-
- In June 2012, Mitsubishi Chemical achieved longer life and greater efficiency for organic light emitting diode (OLED) lighting using a wet process.
- In July 2012, Mitsubishi Rayon developed a space-saving, energy-efficient new hollow-fiber membrane, Sterapore, for purifying municipal and industrial wastewater by filtering and separating processed water and activated sludge.
- In September 2012, Mitsubishi Chemical made progress with the development of organic photovoltaic (OPV) modules, achieving a world record of 11.7% conversion efficiency for organic thin-film single cells.
- In October 2012, Mitsubishi Chemical developed tuning/dimming type OLED lighting panels with boosted brightness and power efficiency and launched sales through Mitsubishi Kagaku Media.
- In January 2013, Mitsubishi Plastics developed the world’s longest industrial carbon roller, together with Sunray Koki K.K., which will make a great contribution to industrial efficiency on production lines for films, paper, and other products through its superior stable rotation capacities.
- In February 2013, Mitsubishi Plastics developed a zeolite catalyst for selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems, which uses urea to chemically reduce and detoxify nitrogen oxide (NOx) contained in exhaust gases.
- In March 2013, Mitsubishi Chemical succeeded in making transparent continuous sheets of cellulose nanofibers in joint research with Oji Holdings Corporation, and decided to produce and start the supply of samples.
- In June 2012, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma received manufacturing and sales approval in Japan for Tenelia to be used in the treatment of type-2 diabetes.
- In March 2013, manufacturing and sales approval in the United States was given for TA-7284, developed by Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma and licensed to Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., to be used in the treatment of type-2 diabetes.
- In January 2013, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma received manufacturing and sales approval in Europe for MCI-196 (BindRen) to be used in the treatment of hyperphosphatemia.
- In February 2013, Mitsubishi Chemical Medience developed a highly sensitive analytical method for detecting darbepoetin alfa in human urine by means of liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for doping control.
- In May 2011, Mitsubishi Chemical achieved the highest light efficiency of 52 lumen/watt and 20,000 hours in the brightness half-life for organic light emitting diode (OLED) lighting using a wet-process, together with Pioneer Corporation.
- In June 2011, Mitsubishi Chemical made progress with the development of organic photovoltaic (OPV) modules achieving the world’s highest conversion efficiency of 10.1% for organic thin-film single cells (11% as of May 2012).
- Mitsubishi Chemical established mass production pilot facilities at its Mizushima Plant to realize low cost mass production operations of gallium nitride substrates to be used for white LED (Light Emitting Diode) and others.
- In July 2011, Mitsubishi Plastics commercialized the industry’s first high barrier PET bottles to be used with sake in collaboration with HAKUTSURU SAKE Brewing Co., Ltd.
- In July 2011, Mitsubishi Rayon and Mitsubishi Rayon Textile developed heat shield polyester fiber materials in collaboration with MIZUNO Corporation, and launched joint sales operations.
- In November 2011, MKV Dream (currently, Mitsubishi Plastics Agri Dream) started a verification test of a solar powered plant factory in China in collaboration with the agricultural co-operative in Jiangsu, China.
- In November 2011, Mitsubishi Plastics developed, in collaboration with Union Industry Co., Ltd., a compact adsorption chiller having high power saving and energy saving performances by using “AQSOA™,” a zeolite-based vapor-adsorbent material that had been developed by Mitsubishi Plastics. The two companies launched joint sales operations from January 2012.
- In December 2011, Mitsubishi Plastics developed cost-competitive high heat-resistant separators to be used for lithium ion secondary batteries.
- In February 2012, Mitsubishi Chemical started constructing a mass production facility (improving its existing facility) of plant-based isosorbide polymers at its Kurosaki Branch.
- In November 2011, Mitsubishi Rayon and its subsidiary, Lucite International Group, started developing production technologies related to sustainable MMA (Methyl Methacrylate) monomers derived from new bio based routes.
- In May 2011, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma obtained an approval in Japan for additional indication for a selective β1 antagonist, MAINTATE for chronic heart failure, and launched sales from June 2011.
- In June 2011, Mitsubishi Chemical Medience obtained an approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for PATHFAST cTnI (cardiac Troponin I) diagnostic test to be used as a myocardial infarction diagnostic index.
- In August 2011, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma obtained an approval in Japan for partial changes of dosage and usage in Crohn’s disease for an anti-human TNF-α monoclonal-antibody, Remicade.
- In August 2011, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma submitted an application for an approval for manufacturing and marketing of MP-513 (generic name: teneligliptin), a type 2 diabetes treatment that had been developed by Mitsubishi Tanabe Parma in Japan.
- In August 2011, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma submitted an application for an approval for manufacturing and marketing in Europe regarding MCI-196 (generic name: colestilan) developed by Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma to be used as a treatment drug for hyperphosphatemia.
- In September 2011, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma obtained an approval for manufacturing and marketing in Japan regarding IMUSERA capsules, an oral dosing multiple sclerosis treatment, and TELAVIC, an antiviral chronic hepatitis C, and started selling them from November 2011.